What This Policy Covers
The City’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data is regulated by the California Online Privacy Protection Act. You can find more information about your privacy rights at the website of the Office of Attorney General.
What Personal Information the City Collects
The City collects information from you when you register to use this site. This includes your email address and additional demographic information as provided by you on the registration form.
Please note that you are able to browse any publicly accessible sections of this website completely anonymously without registering. You are not required to register to use the site; however, keep in mind that you may not be able to respond to surveys, leave comments, or otherwise create content on the site without registering.
This is the content you create as part of your interactions with this website. These can include responses to surveys, comments on discussion forums, or any of the other available engagement opportunities.
The City collects information about your usage of this site, such as pages visited and documents downloaded from the site.
How the City Uses the Information it Collects
The City collects this information in order to:
- Analyze your ideas, input, survey responses, and other engagement information, as well as your site usage information, to incorporate into and move forward with programs and policies;
- Communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives, including through the City’s email distribution list; and
- Respond to inquiries and otherwise communicate with stakeholders.
The City’s website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current. The City is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of linked websites, and the City suggests you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
While no online service is completely secure, the City works very hard to protect your information against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and takes all reasonable measures to do so.
Requesting Access or Correcting Your Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- To access your personal data and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal data;
- To request that the City deletes your personal data it has collected;
- To request your personal data in portable, machine-readable format; and
- To withdraw your consent to the City’s use of your personal data.
If you wish to contact the City with a request relating to personal information the City has about you, please use the contact details below, and include your name and contact information. The City may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, the City may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information, and if this occurs, the City will explain why. The City will respond to requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
Contact the City